The HTTP GET message
Consider the figure below, where a client is sending an HTTP GET message to a web server, gaia.cs.umass.edu
Suppose the client-to-server HTTP GET message is the following:
GET /kurose_ross_sandbox/interactive/quotation9.htm HTTP/1.0
If-Modified-Since: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 07:26:44 -0800
1. What is the name of the file that is being retrieved in this GET message?
2. What version of HTTP is the client running?
3. True or False: The client already has a cached copy of the file
1. The name of the file is quotation9.htm.
2. The client is running on HTTP/1.0
3. True. The client has a cached copy of the file that was updated on: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 07:26:44 -0800
The answer was: quotation9.htm
The answer was: HTTP/1.0
The answer was: True